Sunday, February 3, 2008

Lisa from Daffy's Ad in Front of Daffy's


Here's another reason why I just can't quit New York.

Daffy's published ads in November featuring "regular" people who have been faithful customers for many years (there are now many variations on the theme that American Express first pioneered--"member since...").

As I walked north on Canal Street to see the new Muji store, I saw this woman and said, "You're that woman!..." She wasn't sure of what I meant. "You were in the Daffy's ad," I continued. Oh, yes, she was. After I took the photo, she said, "At first, I thought you were talking about that show 'What Not to Wear.'" Nope, didn't see that. I remembered the unforgettable hair from the ad and was able to snap this photo across the street from the store. Serendipity.

No comments: