Saturday, March 15, 2008

Rosa Mosa Most Fabulous.





Rosa Mosa is a fabulous shoe design team based in Austria. The designers are Simon Springer and Yuji Mizobuchi. They are made by artisans near Vienna. I am a huge fan of the Basket shoe, handmade entirely of beautiful and thick leather. I discovered the brand while surfing the Internet and thought I should share my favorite work from this talented, avante-garde team.

The Basket shoe, as pictured, reminds me of what a modern elf might wear. They are silent on the street and ultra comfortable with a thick wool footbed. I haven't taken them off (except to sleep) since they arrived in the mail a couple of weeks ago. I haven't been so giddy over shoes for some time. People have stopped me on the street to ask where they are from. They gush, I gush, everybody's gushing over this sweet, oversized weave with just a touch of Mary Jane.

Follow-Up: I corresponded with Simone to see if she has any more of these great shoes. Here's her response: "Unfortunately we don´t remake Basket styles anymore. They are all
handmade as a limited edition."

No comments: